How to learn something fast

 

How to learn something fast

 


Hello guys, Today we gonna talk about How to learn something fast, so let’s get started. I thing that the process and retain everything that you read is almost like a superpower, but it's actually surprisingly easy to train your mind over, let's say, a period of three to six months, so you can learn a skill in half the time, read a book, and actually remember everything that you just read, so you can memorize the content of an exam within half the time compared with the rest of your class.

 

How much knowledgeable you can store on your memory?

 


Imagine how much more knowledgeable you would be if your memory processed and retained information more efficiently, so everything that you read, you actually remember. This is an advanced memory technique that i've never talked about before on this blog, which is crazy.

 

because it's so powerful and it's called  the fast framework f-a-s-t and it comes  straight from author and memory coach  ahmad quick so all credit goes to him for  this so let's get straight into it The f stands for forget.

 

First: You need to forget what you already know about the

 


subject so you can then approach it as a complete beginner. Also, forget about your other tasks, your other responsibilities, and your other goals that you're chasing if you realistically can because you need to be completely absorbed with the information you have.

 

in front of you with absolutely no distractions, and also forget your limitations. We all have these self-limiting beliefs.

 

Maybe it's that you can't read a book without forgetting all the information or that you can't study enough material in time for the exam, but by telling yourself that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, you don't believe it. But if you genuinely believe that you can study for that exam and remember everything you studied and get amazing grades, you're more likely to study harder to achieve that goal.

 

The fast stands for active

 


If you've read any of my articles in the past, you probably know how important this is: passive learning is often a complete waste of time, and active learning is what you should be aiming for, meaning that when you're reading a book you need to be actively engaged, actively asking questions, actively answering your own questions, and connecting nuggets of information that you just read in the book to pieces of information you already know.

 

There's a reason why at the end of every module of a textbook there's a set of questions for you to answer because the authors are encouraging you to recap in your own mind, because they are encouraging you to recap in your own mind, because they are encouraging you to recap in your own mind.

 

what you just learned, and they want you to kind of dig into the pool of information you just learned and recall it. By doing so, you're strengthening the strands in your neural network and solidifying the information that you've just learned in your long-term memory.

 

When you are reading?

 


If you take anything away from this article, let it be that when you're reading, you're actually actively thinking about the information that you're learning, and it's a skill that you absolutely should be mastering because honestly, it will completely change the way that you learn.

 

how to actively read a book ?

 


as opposed to passively reading a book, unfortunately, the traditional education system kind of promotes passive studying. It's like sitting quietly and listening to a lecture or just consuming information. Even YouTube itself, as amazing as the platform is, promotes passive studying.

 

I genuinely believe we're in the golden age of self-education, and the invention of YouTube should in my opinion be as prominent as the invention of the television back in the 1920s and 30s. But it's so important to couple passive learning methods such as watching YouTube or reading books with a mindset of active learning and your learning capabilities and potential will accelerate exponentially.

 

The fast framework of learning means that you need to be aware of your emotions when you're learning, and this is Ahmad Quick's advice.

 

He said the key to a better memory is information plus emotion equals long-term memory, so there will probably be some smells, sounds, or some food that bring you back to a childhood memory because that information combined with that emotion becomes a long-term memory.

 

So when you're reading a book and you're bored, then you're probably not going to remember that much right. It's also why I recommend managing your energy as opposed to managing your time.

 

This has been huge for me the last, say, one or two years in terms of managing my own productivity because a few years ago I used to force myself to work at least 10 hours a day, but now I don't think that's an effective approach because what's the point of working if you're absolutely exhausted and not actually doing any meaningful work?

 

So now I focus more on managing my energy levels because it's quite obvious to me that the more energy we have, the more we have.

 

the more productive we'll probably be, and we'll be in a far better state to absorb information and actually retain that information, so I make sure that I sleep well, that I eat well, that I stay hydrated, that I exercise, and I really do everything that I can to keep my energy levels up throughout the day because that is how your brain is going to kind of process and retain information super fast;

 

it can only do that if it has the energy to do so, so if you're tired and exhausted then you're probably fighting a losing battle.

 

The final letter in the fast framework is t, and t stands for teach



If you're going to learn something and learn it well, then you need to be able to teach it. It's also called the "Feynman technique," named after Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman, because if you teach it, it kind of connects neurons in your brain that have never been connected before, and it makes you see the information in a completely different way.

 

You can teach it to your younger siblings, your friends, your parents, or even to yourself. I remember when I was at university, I would quite often help some friends in my social circle out, particularly with the kind of math-heavy part of the curriculum, although initially I helped them out because, well, they're my friends and I wanted to support them.

 

I also started to notice that teaching them actually helped me find gaps in my own knowledge that I didn't know about, so it was a win-win.

 

I was helping them out, but I was also kind of helping myself out as well, so for example, they'd ask me a question and sometimes I didn't know the answer, which was great because then I'd go back and find the answer, so if that question came up in the exam, I'd be prepared for it because learning how to absorb information fast is absolutely a skill that you should be actively developing.

 

Who would you rather be, the person that reads a book for 10 hours and memorizes quite a lot of information, or the person that reads a book for just five hours but memorizes exactly the same amount of information?

 

Well, the second person has just saved five hours of their life that they can spend doing other things. It's all about working smarter.